Google Digital Garage Quiz Answers
Which Of The Following Options Is Important To Research When Planning To Expand Delivery Of Products And Services To Customers Across The Globe?
- What times of the day international shoppers are online
- The legal and tax considerations in that market
- Which social channels are popular in that market
- Which couriers offer the cheapest services for global shipping
When Selling To People In Different Countries, What Payment Form Should You Consider Using If You Aren’t Already?
- Debit cards
- Credit cards
- Paypal or Worldpay
- Bank transfers
What Should A Business Do First, When Considering Going Into A New Market?
- Hire an agency to translate its website into the local language
- Open a new office in the capital city
- Determine its ability to deliver products and review all tax and legal information
- Invest in major ad campaigns to raise brand awareness
Which Of The Following Is Primarily Meant To Target New Customers Online?
- Email marketing
- Print advertising
- Retargeting advertising
- Search advertising
When Adapting Your Website For Customers Who Speak A Different Language, What Should You Do?
- Have a ‘translate’ button that pulls a translation from an external provider
- Translate your content with consideration to particular words and phrases
- Translate your content directly, word for word
- Localise the name of the business owners
Before Starting To Promote Products To Other Countries Online, What Could You Use To Gauge Demand For Your Product In That Specific Market?
- Translation software
- Keyword planning tools
- Interviews with people from that country
- A range of search ads in different countries
What Is The Best Way To Translate The Content On Your Website For A New Market?
- Google translate
- Native speakers
- Translation software
- Language guide
Which Of The Following Statements Is True When Describing How Retargeting Ads Work?
- Retargeting ads are visible to people who haven’t been on your website yet
- Once a user visits your site, the code drops an anonymous browser cookie
- Once your customer purchases, you can not turn off the retargeting ad
- Retargeting will always drive customers to your site
What Is An Example Of Product Merchandising?
- Running an ad for your products
- Adding a way for customers to filter your products
- Displaying very specific, featured products on your home page
- Cross-selling products in the checkout process
Which Of The Following Is A Sign That Customers Are Having Trouble Using A Particular Device To Make Purchases?
- Analytics shows you have a lot of mobile visitors, but very few purchases through mobile
- A specific product is not selling much compared to your other products
- You get a lot of questions about your return policy
- People are having trouble using a promo code for a current sale
What Is The Name Of The Process That Describes What Happens When A Customer Is Taken To A Separate Site To Complete A Transaction Before Being Sent Back To The Original Site Again?
- Second-party payment processing
- Third-party payment processing
- External payment processing
- Internal payment processing
To An Owner Or Administrator, What Is A Functional Benefit Of Having An Online Store?
- It collects the addresses of your online store visitors
- It provides a backend system with order management
- It provides a quicker checkout process than a physical store
- It allows you to feature more sales and discounts than a physical store
Which Of The Following Is An Advantage Of E-Commerce?
- More relaxed checkout procedure
- Low operational costs
- Minimal interaction required with the customer
- Segmentation of audiences
What Would Be Beneficial To Include On A Product Description Page?
- Previous versions of the product
- Links to other suppliers
- Reviews of the product
- Price comparisons
If You Needed To Showcase Which Parts Of A Website Are Being Clicked On The Most, Which Presentation Type Should You Consider?
- Bar chart
- Pie chart
- Heat map
Which Of The Following Is A Benefit Of Using Spreadsheets?
- Vast quantities of data can be stored, sorted and analysed quickly
- Data can only be accessed when all users are online
- Valuable customer and market insights can be delivered quickly
- Spreadsheets are the only way to collect data and extrapolate results
Fill In The Blank: Actionable Insights Can Be Described As Explaining The ______ Of An Online Marketing Campaign.
What Makes The Data Cycle Useful?
- It helps you make the most of the data collected from marketing activities
- It helps you evaluate your competition
- It provides information about what users like about your website
- It presents collected data in a visually appealing way
Which Type Of Data Relates To A Metric That Can Be Represented With A Number?
Which Section Of Google Analytics Can Tell You Whether Visitors Have Found Your Website Via Social Media?
- Site search
- Search Console
Fill In The Blank: If An Ad Is Not Performing Well, One Effective Tactic Is To _____________.
- Try a different search engine
- Tweak the ad’s copy and analyse the results
- Hire a professional ad agency
- Delete the ad and try again
Most Web Analytics Tools Can Tell You What Information About The User?
- Their contact details, their behaviour and their operating system
- Their location, type of device they’re using and pages visited
- Their location, type of device they’re using and contact details
- Their interests, when they delete their browser cookies and their location
If Your Key Business Goal Is To Get People To Book Rooms At Your Guesthouse, What Data Are You Most Likely To Be Interested In?
- How long people spend on your ‘How To Find Us’ page
- Which day of the week is most popular for bookings
- Whether your funny Tweet goes viral
- How many people visiting your site book a room with you
Analytics Can Give You Immediate Valuable Information About Which Type Of Customers?
- Previous and current customers
- Current and future customers
- Previous and future customers
- Offline and online customers
Fill In The Blank: Website Analytics Can Tell You _____________.
- What time of day your website gets the most traffic
- How many mentions or likes you get on social media
- How well your competitor’s ad campaigns are doing
- The email addresses of visitors to your landing pages
When Looking At Your Video Analytics, You Discover People Are Only Watching The First Few Seconds Of Your Video. What Should You Do?
- Consider removing the video from the platform
- Consider re-shooting your video based on comments
- Consider updating your preview images, video titles or descriptions
- Consider asking people to watch the whole video in the description
How Can You Take Advantage Of Video For Your Product/Services Without Actually Making A Video?
- This isn’t possible
- Advertise on other people’s videos
- Use images with a call to action instead
- Share other people’s videos
Using Videos In Email Marketing And Social Media Is An Effective Way To Do What?
- Increase word of mouth referrals
- Engage and grow your audience
- Guarantee sales of your product or service
- Lower the cost of developing content
Fill In The Blank: As A Small Business, Creating Videos To Showcase Your Business Or Product Requires Only ______.
- An agency, professional crew and equipment
- Creativity, lots of experience and a large budget
- Creativity, planning and any budget
- Creativity, planning and high-quality equipment
What Can Using Video As Part Of Your Online Presence Help You Create?
- Content that will go viral
- A channel to engage with customers
- A variety of different brand perceptions
- An online following and fanbase
When Incorporating Videos Into A Digital Strategy, Which Of The Following Tactics Provides Value To Customers?
- Setting up live streams of the business’s physical shop on their website
- Publishing a how-to video on their website
- Producing sale campaign videos
- Sharing personal vlogs
What Is The First Step Of Display Retargeting?
- Sourcing keywords
- Defining your audience
- Writing content
- Setting a call to action
If A Person Adds A Product To A Shopping Basket But Then Leaves The Website, Which Of The Following Tactics Is Most Likely To Encourage That Person To Return And Purchase The Product?
- Retargeting with a display ad encouraging newsletter sign-up
- Redesigning your website
- Creating a Facebook page for your business
- Retargeting with a display ad that has a discount coupon
Which Of The Following Is True When Purchasing Ad Placements On An Advertising Network?
- You always need to contact the owner of the website to buy ads on their page
- The network provides data on the click-through-rate
- The network provides names of the people who click your ad
- The network will continue to show your ad for 7 days once your budget has expired
Which Of The Following Is An Example Of The Type Of Data That Advertising Networks Automatically Collect And Share With Businesses?
- The number of sales you make from the ad
- The cost of each ad you publish
- The cost of creating the ad
- A prediction of sales you can make from your ad
In What Way Can Display Advertising Be Effective?
- It guarantees more visitors to your site
- It guarantees increased sales
- It drives traffic to your website
- It improves your ranking in search engines
When Setting Up Display Advertising Campaigns, Who Can You Target?
- eople with specific names
- People who speak different languages
- People who already own specific products
- People with a specific address
When Using Search Engine Marketing, Where Can Your Ads Appear?
- Only on search engines
- Only on websites
- On search engines and websites
- On websites and social media
Fill In The Blank: The Ads On Search Engines Are Usually Made Up Of ________.
If You Own A Film Blog, Which Type Of Customer Can You Expect To Reach With Display Advertising?
- People who use ad-blockers and are interested in your subject
- People who haven’t read your blog before but are interested in your subject
- Only people who have read your blog previously
- Only people interested in films and movies
Which Of The Following Statements Is True When It Comes To Running Email Campaigns For A Business?
- There’s no need to use sponsored ads within your email marketing
- There’s no need for analytics when it comes to email marketing
- You need to include personal contact details
- You can use any imagery, despite copyright
If The Open Rate Of Your Emails Seems Low, Which Of The Following Could Help You Fix That?
- Redesign your website
- Change the colour of the buttons inside your email
- Send your emails to more contacts
- Adjust the subject line of your email
Which Of These Is A Good Practice To Keep In Mind When Sending Emails To Your Contacts?
- Run an A/B test on your subject line to determine which one works best
- Send the same generic and simple message to your entire contact database
- Include enough content in the email so there is no need for them to click away to read further elsewhere
- Only include a call-to-action on the landing page you’re linking to in the email
Which Of The Following Is A Common Feature Of Email Marketing Platforms?
- Personalised, custom templates
- A free list of email addresses you can target
- A feature allowing users to unsubscribe from your emails
- Automation of your search ad campaigns
Which Of The Following Will You Need To Start An Email Marketing Programme?
- A collection of email templates
- A ‘Contact Us’ form
- A way to collect people’s email addresses
- A set budget
Which Of The Following Metrics Could Help You Understand Which Blog Post Is Resonating The Most With Your Audience?
- Session duration
- Page views
- Referral traffic
- Unique page views
What Are ‘Highlighting Key Dates’ And ‘Considering Multiple Channels’ Best Practices Of?
- Creating a content calendar
- Designing illustrations to support content
- Segmenting your audience
- Identifying social media influencers
Which Of The Following Best Describes Why Approaches To Writing Need To Be Adapted For Online Content?
- Online readers have a reduced attention span, due to being flooded with information
- Certain blogging platforms have a limit on the word count you can publish
- Online readers only like to engage with long-form pieces of content
- Online audiences are typically younger, so the language used needs to reflect this
Fill In The Blank: When Describing The Purpose Of Content, What Is Missing? ‘To Entertain, To Inspire, To _______ And To Convince’.
What Does The Following Definition Describe? ‘The Division Of An Audience Into Groups Of Who They Are And What They Like, With A Goal Of Identifying A Group Most Interested In Your Product/Service.’
- Marketing channels
- Audience segmentation
- Group dynamics
Which Of The Following Is An Accurate Definition Of What A Content Marketing Campaign Involves?
- Creating and posting content ad-hoc when you have the time
- The creation of time-sensitive content that can be published through various channels
- Regularly emailing customers with news about a business’s products or services
- The creation and promotion of online materials with the goal of increasing interest in a product or service
When Making Video Content For Your Display Ads, What Is Most Important To Ensure?
- Videos are entertaining, long and include a CTA
- Videos are relevant, short and include a CTA
- Videos are relevant, long and include a URL
- Videos are short, informative and include a phone number
Which Of The Following Can Be Used To Target An Audience When Using Some Social Media Ads?
- People’s names
- People’s address
- People’s pet names
- People’s relationship status
Before Running Search Ads, You Should Make Sure Your Site Is Mobile-Friendly. Which Scenario Best Describes A Mobile-Friendly Experience For A Customer?
- The business has a mobile app instead of a website
- The site include business phone numbers
- The site works on different mobile devices
- The site does not include any videos so it loads quickly
When Considering How Mobile Users Will Search For Your Business, Which Types Of Keywords Should You Focus On?
- Long tail keywords
- Shorter keywords and phrases
- Longer keywords and phrases
- Exact match keywords
What Can A Business Use To Send Messages To Users Who Have Already Downloaded Their App?
- Text messages
- Pull notifications
- Push notifications
- Email notifications
When It Comes To Optimising Your Website’s SEO For Mobile Users, Which Of The Following Is A Crucial Factor To Keep In Mind?
- Short content and fewer images
- Performance and usability
- Usability and short content
- Less video content
What Does Responsive Design Mean?
- Your visitors can manually adjust the size of your website
- Your website will adapt to suit whichever device it is being viewed on
- Your customers can provide feedback on the design of your site
- Your website will respond to clicks faster
When Looking To Ensure Your Website Is Easily Accessible By Mobile Users, What Should You Focus On Doing First?
- Redesign your website colour scheme
- Optimise your site
- Create a mobile app
- Shorten your website content
Which Of The Following Is A Pitfall When Using Social Media For Business?
- 2-way conversation with customers
- Not being present on every social media platform
- Not having the resources to respond to comments and questions in a timely manner
- Spending too much time reviewing social media analytics
What Can Social Media Analytics Tools Help You Measure When Assessing Campaign Results?
- Whether the campaign was more successful than your competitors
- Whether the visitors liked the social campaigns or not
- Whether a visitor called the store after seeing a social post
- Whether the visitor clicked on a paid ad or organic listing
What Is The Best Way To Put Your Social Content In Front Of People Who Don’t Already Follow You?
- Increase your email marketing campaigns
- Ask people to share your content to their networks
- Use paid promotion to reach new audiences
- Put links to your social on your website
A Robust Social Media Plan Includes Which Of The Following?
- A list of content that mimics competitor content
- All of your online business goals
- A long-term schedule identifying when to post content
- A list of friends who can post on the accounts
Which Details Should You Look To Include On A Business Profile Page On Social Media?
- Details about the CEO
- Link to a local listing site you’re on
- Description of the business
- Cost of products and services
Which Of The Following Is An Example Of A Social Media Goal?
- Acquire genuine reviews on products
- Drive more traffic to your store
- Develop one-way communication with customers
- Mimic your competition’s approach
Fill In The Blank: Businesses Should Focus On Social Media Platforms With _______.
- The biggest reputation
- The most expected engagement
- A relevant audience
- The most users
Which Of The Following Can Businesses Achieve By Using Social Media?
- Attract new audiences
- Build a good reputation with customers
- Meet sales goals
- Increase traffic to their website
Which Of The Following Can Help You Gain Visibility In Search Engines?
- Adding relevant content that highlights the location of your business
- Including your address on your Twitter account
- Optimising your site for desktop devices only
- Adding a list of shops local to you on your website
When Looking To Attract A Local Audience, Why It Is Important To Optimise Your Website And Content For Mobile Users?
- Because local users tend to use their mobile devices when they’re out of the house
- Because mobiles will replace desktop computers
- Because all online users browse on mobile devices these days
- Because marketing for mobile is more cost effective
Which Of The Following Factors Help Search Engines Determine If Your Business Is Local?
- Location details on the website, quality content and how mobile friendly the website is
- Location details on the website, list of shops local to you and a contact form
- Quality content, list of local suppliers and location details
- Location GPS tags on photos, quality content and how mobile friendly the website is
Which Three Pieces Of Information Are Essential To Include First In Your Local Directory Listing?
- Business address, website, telephone numbers
- Business name, business address, telephone numbers
- Website, telephone numbers, email address
- Business name, email address, website
Which Of The Following Is A Benefit Of Registering Your Business In Online Local Listings?
- Discounted pricing on your search advertising campaigns
- Increased likelihood of being discovered through search engines
- More mentions on social media platforms
- Guaranteed sales to local customers
Which Of The Following Is An Example Of A Local Search?
- “bike shop near me”
- “bike shop in UK”
- “local bicycle shop”
- “bike shops”
How Can You Improve A Business’s Visibility To People Located Near You Geographically?
- Translate your website into at least two more languages
- Offer free phone support during business hours
- Ensure you have good analytics on your website
- Make sure your phone number, address and business hours are easy to find
What Can Conversion Tracking In Search Help You Measure?
- How many transactions are completed on your site overall
- How many people click on your SEM ad and end up browsing your site
- How many people visiting your site from a search ad end up completing a purchase
- How many customers your ad has converted into brand ambassadors
Fill In The Blank: If You Use __________ Keywords When Building Your Search Ads, Minor Variations, Like Plurals, Can Still Trigger The Ad.
- Exact Match
- Random Match
- Direct match
- Close match
When It Comes To Search Ads, Which Description Best Describes ‘Negative Keywords’?
- Keywords with no association to your site
- Keywords with a poor search volume
- Keywords that are excluded from a campaign
- Keywords that are typed incorrectly
Which Of The Following Is A Benefit Of Using Relevant Ads And Landing Pages?
- Increased cost for ad placements
- Higher ad positions on the search results page
- Higher cost per clicks on your ads
- Ads that will ensure more purchases
What Should Your Search Ad Have In Order To Promote More Clicks?
- A call to action
- A catchy headline
- A close-up photo
- A social media link
Fill In The Blank: It’s Possible To Determine How Well A/An ___________ Will Perform Without Bidding On It.
In An SEM Auction, Your Quality Score Is Based On Which Aspect Of Your Ad?
Search Engine Marketing Can Also Be Called What?
- Pay-per-click advertising
- Organic advertising
- Search box marketing
- One-click advertising
When Expanding A Business Internationally, Which Of The Following Is Most Important To Provide On Your Website?
- Products and delivery details in the correct currency
- Time and dates written in the local format
- Exchange rate information
- Free giveaways for local customers
Which Of The Following Is A Good Way To Get Other Websites To Link To Your Site?
- Keep linking to them until they link to you
- Send them emails until they link to you
- Building relationships with similar sites
- Use as many relevant keywords on the page you’d like them to link to
Which Of The Following Page Titles Would Be Most Suitable For A Website Page Describing A Store’s Return Policy?
- How to Send Stuff Back
- [Company Name’s] Return Policy
- Return Policy
- Company Policies
Which Of The Following Would Be An Ideal Goal For An SEO Plan?
- Increasing social media likes and follows
- Increasing how many relevant people visit your website
- Showing your website to as many people as possible
- Being in first place in SERP for any keyword
Fill In The Blank: Short Strings Of Specific Keywords With Low Search Volume Are Called ___________.
- Long-hair keywords
- Long-tail keywords
- High-relevance keywords
- Top-tail keywords
When It Comes To Search Ads, Which Of The Following Could Dictate How An Ad Will Perform Against A Competitor?
- Social media following
- Bid value
- Domain authority
- Average number of visitors to the company’s website
What Should Be The First Step Of A Structured SEO Plan?
- Identifying your ad budget
- Buying an analytics software
- Setting up your presence on social media sites
- Keyword research
Which Of The Following Factors Should You Consider When Optimising Your Website For Search Engines?
- Colour scheme
- Recycled content
- Inspiring business name
- Site popularity
Which Of These Can Google Search Console Help You To Do?
- It helps you increase your social media following
- It helps you optimise your Google My Business listing
- It helps you understand which keywords people are searching for on Google
- It helps you run A/B tests on your home page
Which Of These Is An Important Factor In The Paid Search Auction System?
- How famous your brand name is
- How cool your logo is
- How long your business has been around
- How relevant your ads are
Fill In The Blank: Spending Money On Search Advertising Influences How Your Website Appears In ___________.
- Organic search results
- The search results page
- Business directories
- Display advertising networks
Which Of The Following Can Help A Search Engine Understand What Your Page Is About?
- The date it was published
- The number of images used
- The total number of words
- The title tag
What Technology Do Search Engines Use To ‘Crawl’ Websites?
Why Are Search Engines A Great Place For A Business To Be Found?
- People pay to use search engines, so there is a wealthy customer base there
- People who search are actively looking for information, products or services
- Search engines are a big trend these days
- Search engines guarantee new customers
What Type Of Information Can KPIs Provide?
- Audience segmentation
- Long-term projections
- Financial viability
- Board decisions
Once You’ve Worked Out Your Unique Selling Point (USP), How Would You Use It In A Long-Term Online Strategy?
- Incorporate it within marketing materials across all channels to help raise customer awareness
- Create an email campaign letting your customers know why you are unique
- Film a video explaining your unique selling point and send it to employees
- Create a press release and distribute it through your channels
Why Is Optimising Customer Touchpoints Online Beneficial For Businesses?
- It allows brands to add pop-up ads at every point of the customer journey, ensuring high visibility
- It gives businesses the opportunity to save money on online advertising
- It provides customers with value every time they come into contact with a brand, helping build trust
- It gives businesses an opportunity to collect more data from potential customers
What Is The Purpose Of The ‘See, Think, Do, Care’ Framework?
- To help determine a marketing strategy
- To help a business understand the customer journey online
- To help a business reach a global audience
- To give insight into specific customer groups
What Is The First Step In Creating An Online Business Strategy?
- Identifying business goals
- Understanding what the competition is doing
- Knowing the market
- Aligning goals to the strategy
What Should You Consider When Developing Your Website Content?
- What your customers are looking for
- Your latest promotions and discounts
- Your brand values
- Whether the content will go viral or not
Which Of The Following Is An Example Of A ‘Call To Action’ On A Website?
- A list of phone numbers customers can use to get in contact with you
- A ‘Get directions to our store’ button which when clicked, redirects to a map displaying directions to the store based on the customer’s current address
- An icon button that takes the customer to your social media accounts
- A hotline phone number that helps users complete their purchases
Which Of The Following Is Something You’ll Probably Want To Exclude From Your Website?
- A lot of deep scientific information and detailed statistics
- Special offers
- Certifications to show you’re qualified to provide a service
Fill In The Blank: A __________ Is A Shortcut To Other Pages On Your Site Or Elsewhere On The Web.
- Return link
- Menu bar
What Is A Web Server?
- The customer service representative you can call when you have questions about your website
- The answer you get when you search a term on the web
- A computer connected to the Internet with software that allows it to host all the components of your website
- The device that determines the speed of your mobile connection
Which Of The Following Statements Is True When It Comes To Developing A Web Presence For A Business?
- Customers can learn about a business by downloading a mobile app, but they can’t place an order using an app
- Building a new website requires a large budget
- Mobile apps enable your customers to purchase your products without being on your website
- All businesses must have a website to sell products
Which Of The Following Statements Is True When Marketing Your Business Online?
- You need a website to show up in search results
- You’ll reach a similar client base to the one you have in the real world
- You’ll be seen by the same volume of customers whether you use search advertising or not
- Social media is a great way to engage your audience
Which Term Best Describes The Business Activity That Occurs When Website Visitors Buy Products Or Services From You Online?
- Display advertising
- Search engine marketing
- Pay per click
Which Of The Following Statements Is True When It Comes To Taking A Business Online?
- Stick to what you are doing and don’t make changes
- The same content works across online and offline platforms
- Use analytics to make informed decisions
- Use analytics to track your customers across the Internet
Which Tool Helps You Measure The Success Of Your Website?
- Keyword Planner
- Ad Gallery
- Ad Preview Tool
What Is A Key Benefit Of Having An Online Presence For A Business?
- The ability to sell products directly to customers through social media
- Being visible when people search for a business like yours
- Sending users emails to update them on new products
- Being able to offer new customers promotional discounts
Which Of The Following Is The Easiest Way For Visitors To Learn About A Business While Visiting A Website?
- Getting a free ‘taster’ of one of your products when they sign up to receive emails
- Listening to an audio file that auto plays whenever someone visits your site
- Browsing your product pages and reviewing the Frequently Asked Questions page
- Reading the terms and conditions for your products on your site
Taking A Business Online Can Involve Many Different Steps. When Starting Out, Which Activity Could Be A Part Of This Process?
- Sending flyers with your web address to customers
- Creating a business listing in online local directories
- Increasing print and billboard advertising
- Building a team of digital advertising experts
The Increased Use Of The Internet Presents A Lot Of Potential For Which Types Of Businesses?
- All businesses
- Small business owners
- International businesses
- Local businesses