Introduction To Data Studio Assessment Answers
What Is The Purpose Of A Scatter Plot?
- Observe trends over time
- Track performance against a target
- Identify a relationship between variables
- Compare multiple parts of a whole
What Is The Purpose Of Templates?
- Quickstart data source creation
- Quickstart report creation
- Offer design tips based on connector
- Extract data for improved report load time
What Is The Purpose Of A Bullet Chart?
- Show the total for a single metric
- See how well a metric is performing against a target
- Identify a correlation between data points
- Highlight a single, critical metric
How Can You Use Any Data Studio Report As A Template?
- Copy the report as new and select your data source(s)
- Copy the data source and select your data set(s)
- Use templates available on the Data Studio Home page
- Ask the report owner to enable viewer’s credentials
Which Reflects A Best Practice For Designing Your Report?
- Use only one report per page, including much text annotation to summarize findings
- Use the first page as a high-level overview, and add additional pages as needed for more detail
- Use contrasting colors for each different chart
- Use pie charts to compare 10+ segments of a whole
What Is The Purpose Of Creating A Thumbnail Image Of Your Report?
- Invite others to view your report’s first page and hover for more detail
- Give users with view or edit access a preview of your report before opening
- Allow users to quickly download a non-interactive copy of your report
- Download a full-size PDF for offline viewing
Which Sharing Option Always Requires Recipients To Log In With Their Google Account?
- Shareable link
- Invitation to edit
- PDF download
- Viewer’s credentials
What Is Required For A Single Chart To Reference Data From Two Different Data Sources?
- Attach both data sources to the report
- Select the appropriate dimensions from the chart data tab
- Create a blended data source
- Add a data control to the report
What Can A Single Filter Control Affect?
- Groups of components
- Multiple dimensions
What Do The Theme Tab Settings Affect?
- All reports in your account
- All components in the open report
- All components in the open page
- The selected component only
What Does A Filter Control Allow Viewers To Do?
- Select a different data source to visualize
- Filter report data based on one or more dimension values
- Change the date range of a report
- Import their own data into your report template
What Is One Benefit Of Using Blended Data?
- The ability to combine data from different time periods in one chart
- The ability to visualize data from multiple data sources in one chart
- The ability to join multiple data sources without any common dimensions
- The ability to share combined data sources between reports
What Is Unique About A Report-Level Component, Compared To A Page-Level Component?
- Report -level components appear in the same position on each page
- Report-level components are the default component type Report-level
- components can reference multiple data sources at once Report-level
- components have interactive properties for viewers to filter data
What Does The “Refresh Fields” Button In The Data Source Do?
- Update stale data in your report’s charts
- Reflect changes made to the data set’s schema
- Save changes you make to the data source fields
- Saves updates made to data source field names
What Is The Purpose Of Extracting Data?
- Create robust data sources with over 100MB of data
- Maintain a live connection between your data set and data source
- Use connectors not available through Google or partners
- Use a subset of your original data for faster report performance
Which Setting Makes Your Report Larger?
- Style tab
- Canvas size
- Report theme
- Grid settings
What Must The Data Source Owner Do To Allow Report Editors To Modify Data Fields?
- Enable field editing in reports
- Use owner’s credentials
- Give edit access to the data source
- Prevent editors from changing access and adding new people
In Which Ways Can You Change An Existing Field?
- Display the count of unique field values
- Change the format of a date field
- Display the output of a custom mathematical formula using the field
- Change the name
Which Components Must Get Their Data From A Data Source?
- Bar charts
- Embedded content
What Is The Benefit Of Using The Theme Tab?
- The ability to adjust a report’s canvas size, grid settings, and page navigation position
- The ability to set consistent font and color selections for all components
- The ability to use templates for quick report building
- The ability to enable field editing in report
What Can An Individual Viewing A Report Do?
- Hover over charts to see specific data point information
- Filter data
- Select a date range
- Make a page-level component report-level
What Can You Do With Calculated Fields?
- Create a metric or dimension using a mathematical formula
- Change an existing field’s aggregation
- Transform tables into pie charts
- Disable fields from the data source
What Can You Do With The Explorer Tool?
- Invite others to view or edit your explorations
- Export an exploration as a chart into a new or existing report
- Toggle between view and edit modes
- Automatically save all changes to explorations
Which Is The Best Tool To Quickly Visualize Data That Answers A Specific Question Without Saving Or Sharing It?
- Data source
- Report Gallery
Which Actions Can You Take On The Data Studio Home Page?
- Create a new report
- Share a report with others
- Edit data source fields
- Connect to data
Which Feature Helps You Create A New Report Quickly?
- Owner’s credentials
- Edit access
If You Upload Data From A CSV File To Create A Data Set In Google Cloud, How Can You Update That Data Set In The Future?
- Upload a CSV file with only the new rows of data
- Upload a CSV file with all the original data and additional data
- Click the refresh fields icon in the data source to automatically upload changes from the file on your computer
- Manually edit the data in the Data Studio report
What Is The Order In Which Data Flows Into Data Studio Charts?
- Data set → data source → report → chart
- Data source → data set → report → chart
- Component → data source → report → chart
- Data set → report → data source → chart
To Share Your Report Via A Public Link And Allow All Viewers To See Chart Data, Which Data Source Setting Would You Choose?
- Invite user to view
- Invite user to edit
- Use owner’s credentials
- Use viewer’s credentials
Which Access Permission Would You Provide To A Coworker To Collaborate With Them On A Report?
- Can view report
- Can edit report
- Can view data source
- Can edit data source
Which Term Refers To The Underlying Data That Can Be Connected To Data Studio?
- Data set
- Data source
- Data control
- Data connection
Which Types Of Components Can Be Included In A Report?
Once You’ve Connected Your Data In Data Studio, How Often Do You Need To Manually Provide Your Data Set Credentials Again?
- Every time you load the report
- Only if you’ve revoked access
Which Are Examples Of Data Sets?
- Google-generated data, such as Google Analytics or Google Sheets
- A data source based on a CSV file
- Metrics and dimensions typed directly into Data Studio
- Amazon sales data
What Are The Benefits Of Using Data Studio?
- Allows you to visualize your own data
- Free of charge
- Accessible on web-connected devices
- Access to additional attribution models