- The video is restored but cannot be monetized.
- The copyright strike is removed from the user’s account.
- The claimant is prevented from filing future copyright takedowns.
- The copyright strike changes to “pending”? status.
Which Two Policies Would Enable You To Monetize All User-Uploaded Videos, But Make Partner-Uploaded Videos Unavailable On Your Channel?
- Usage Policy = Track, Match Policy = Monetize
- Usage Policy = Monetize, Match Policy = Block
- Usage Policy = Block, Match Policy = Monetize
- Usage Policy = none, Match Policy = Block
What Are You Allowed To Do With Content On YouTube That Has A Creative Commons License?
- Reuse per terms of the license
- Only use for non-commercial works
- Claim as original work
- Use without attribution
What Is The Benefit Of A Default Upload Policy?
- When you have no match policy, your default upload policy is applied as the match policy.
- YouTube applies the default upload policy to videos that users upload to their channels, which produces better Content ID matches.
- YouTube applies the default upload policy to videos that you upload to your channels, which speeds up the setup process.
- If you don’t select a default policy, YouTube uses the predefined policy Block Everywhere.
If You Need Advice On An Issue Related To Copyright Law, Whom Should You Ask?
- United States Copyright Office
- An attorney
- YouTube Copyright Center
- An account manager
What Legal Protection Applies To Brand Names, Mottos, And Logos?
- Fair use
What Is A Translation Of An Existing Work Considered?
- Collective work
- Derivative work
A User Disputes A Claim, Because The Matched Segment Actually Comes From Public Domain Footage. What Happens When You Select “Release And Exclude” On This Disputed Claim?
- Performance data is excluded from YouTube Analytics reports.
- The claim is released and an exclusion on the underlying reference file is created.
- Underlying reference data is removed to prevent future claims.
- A legal takedown notice is issued to the user who uploaded the content.
One Of My Favorite Artists Passes Away And I Want To Upload Her Song In A Tribute Video. What Should I Consider First?
- Clear any pending claims you have in your account before adding new content.
- Use the song freely because it has automatically entered the public domain.
- Estimate the number of other videos that may also use this song in their tribute videos.
- Request permission to use it since the song is likely still covered by copyright protection.
You Notice Someone Has Uploaded A Video To YouTube That You Own. What’s Required If You Wish To Request A Copyright Takedown?
- Your attorney must submit a formal request to a court.
- Anyone can flag a video, and a copyright takedown notice will be sent to the person who uploaded the video.
- As the copyright owner or authorized agent, you must submit a fully completed notification of copyright infringement.
- Person who uploaded the video must admit to using copyrighted material.
A User Disputes A Claim, After Which You Review The Video And Decide It Should Be Removed From YouTube For Using Your Copyrighted Content. What Happens If You Select “Takedown” On This Disputed Claim?
- The video is removed from search results but still published.
- A legal takedown notice is issued against this video.
- The request is forwarded to the partner manager for evaluation.
- The claim is released.
If A Content ID Claim Is Disputed, How Much Time Does The Claimant Have To Respond?
- 30 days
- 60 days
- 48 hours
- 1 week
Copyright Protects Original Work. Which Of The Following Is An Example Of A Video That You May Not Be Able To Protect By Copyright?
- A series of reactions to other people’s videos
- A video of you at home offering beauty tips
- Commentary and critique of copyrighted works
- A video made entirely from a compilation of funny clips from YouTube videos found on other channels
How Can The YouTube Copyright Center Help You With Copyright?
- It gives you advice about your specific video.
- It connects you to the person who uploaded the infringing video.
- It offers resources on managing copyright and answers to frequently asked questions.
- It contains tools for you to instantly remove videos that violate any laws.
A Partner Would Like To Organize Its YouTube Asset Library Into Groups. Which Feature Would You Recommend They Use?
- Reference tags
- Asset labels
- Custom policies
A Partner Hosts A YouTube Talk Show Called “Cat Chat.” One Episode Consists Of The Host’s 10-Minute Interview With A Veterinarian, Followed By A 5-Minute Reel Of Viral Cat Videos That Were Uploaded To YouTube By Other Users. The Partner Obtained A Commercial Use License From The Uploaders To Use Their Cat Videos On “Cat Chat.” The “Cat Chat” Host Now Wishes To Use Content ID To Monetize Clips From The Show. The Partner Should…
- Not upload the video as a reference file at all, because it contains third-party content.
- Not upload the video as a reference file at all, because interview footage is not copyrightable.
- Upload only the 10-minute interview as a reference file, because the partner does not own the viral videos exclusively.
- Upload the entire episode as a reference file, because she has a license to use the viral cat videos.
What Are The Usage Rights For Music Selected From YouTube’s Audio Library?
- Any music can be used in videos according to the terms specified.
- Music may be used for non-monetized videos only.
- Only sound effects may be used, but not songs.
- Songs can be used if you pay the owner royalties.
How Does Copyright Apply To A Cover Song?
- Is considered a reproduction and permission may be needed from the original content creator before it is used.
- Copyright does not apply since the cover song is not fixed.
- Is considered a collective work and it’s unnecessary to request permission from the content creator.
- Copyright applies to new music videos but not audio recordings of covers.
What Can You Do To Avoid Partner Strikes For Copyright Violations?
- Mark all videos uploaded as original content
- Maintain proper internal controls and educate your channels
- Disable monetization on all channels
- Add a Creative Commons license for all uploaded content
What Are The Implications Of Having The Wrong Match Policy Or No Policy Set On Your Assets?
- May lead to a policy dispute with another content owner
- May prevent you from controlling and monetizing reuploads of your copyrighted material
- May cause your channel to receive a partner strike
- May prevent you from adjusting video privacy settings
A Partner Chooses To Reinstate A Content ID Claim After It Has Been Disputed By A User. The User Appeals The Reinstatement Of The Claim. What Happens Next?
- The user and partner must mediate the claim outside of the automated Content ID system.
- The partner must decide whether to release the claim or issue a legal takedown notice.
- The partner can choose to reinstate the claim again to assert their rights.
- The user automatically receives permission to use the video.
After How Many Days Does A Pending Claim Expire?
- 45 days
- 30 days
- 60 days
Imagine You Have A Library Of Video Content That You Want To Manage On YouTube. What Steps Would You Take To Protect Your Content On YouTube?
- Validate your assets with Video Manager
- Create digital fingerprints and set permissions
- Upload reference files and enable Content ID
- File claims when notified of matching content
What Is An Example Of A Non-Music Asset Type?
- Music video
- Sound recording
Which Of The Following Types Of Content Should NEVER Be Enabled For Matching?
- Files longer than 45 minutes
- Public domain content
- Audio content without video
What Is A Reason To Update Assets If Your Ownership Rights Change In Some Territories?
- Establish new rights holder access to previously expired claims from the previous content owner
- Enable multiple parties to share ownership of a web asset in the same territory
- Ensure your asset ID changes with your ownership
- Reduce asset ownership conflicts because you no longer have the rights and cannot apply your policies in those territories
How Would You Explain A Policy To A Partner Who Wants To Control Their Content On YouTube?
- Instructions for which ad formats should appear on videos.
- YouTube’s legal framework for managing copyright infringement.
- Set of rules that specify whether to monetize, track, or block a claimed video
- Similar to a license. It gives permission for others to reuse content on the Internet.
What Is An Asset Composed Of?
- Reference Material, Ad Formats
- Intellectual Property, Copyright Notices
- Ownership, Claims, Videos
- Metadata, Ownership, Reference Material, Match Policy
A Partner Decides To Block User-Uploaded Videos. What Happens To A User-Uploaded Video That Matches The Policy?
- The video is unavailable for viewing and the uploader automatically receives a copyright strike.
- The video is available for viewing but the uploader receives a copyright strike.
- The video is viewable only on YouTube (embeds and other playbacks are disabled).
- The video is unavailable for viewing but retains a unique URL.
What Are The Implications Of Selecting The Claim Option “Block Outside Ownership”?
- Your video will be made unavailable in countries where you don’t own the asset.
- Your video will become Unlisted on your channel.
- All user videos claimed against the asset will be made unavailable in areas where you don’t own the asset.
- Other parties are unable to add ownership to your asset in territories that you don’t own it.
Partner BritFlix Owns A Movie In The UK. Your Company Owns A TV Show Which Features A Clip From The Movie And Creates A Reference. What Should You Do With Your Reference File?
- Exclude the segment with the movie clip.
- Use the reference but agree to split the ad revenue.
- Add ownership on BritFlix’s asset.
- Deactivate the reference file in the UK
How Would You Specify Which Types Of Advertisements YouTube Displays For A Video?
- YouTube automatically selects appropriate ad types.
- You set ad types in the Monetize section of Content ID.
- You specify ad types using advertising settings, which are distinct from a rights policy.
- You specify ad types when you create your channel.
What Is A Method To Create A Reference File From A New Or Unclaimed Video?
- Change video privacy setting from Private to Public
- All partner-uploaded videos automatically become references
- Claim the video and enable Content ID matches
- Select a usage policy
Which Watch Time Report Will Tell You Where On The Web Viewers Are Finding Your Content?
- Playback locations.
- Traffic sources.
Which Pattern Might Channels That Monetize Content Often See At The Start Of A New Calendar Year?
- A sharp uptick in overall revenue.
- A decrease in views.
- An increase in watch time.
- A dip in advertising revenue.
Which Kind Of Content Is Eligible As A Content ID Reference File?
- Content released under open license
- Content with exclusive territorial rights
- Third-party clips under fair use/dealing principles
- Public domain recordings
What Form Of Expression Is Subject To Copyright?
- Short phrase
- Literary work
Which Metric Can Provide The Best Insights Into Channel Performance?
- Watch time.
What Might Make An Account Be Eligible For Access To Content Manager?
- Joining a multi-channel network, especially if it’s an international one.
- They have become a YouTube partner, and need to manage channel revenue.
- They manage a large, or multi-channel, content repository.
- They produce parody or cover videos, and want to avoid copyright takedowns.
You Have An Asset Ownership Conflict Because You Accidentally Declared Ownership For Canada. What Should You Do?
- Remove your asset ownership for Canada
- Download the Ownership report and filter by Canada
- Contact the other asset owner to request an update
- Edit your ownership if you plan to monetize
Someone At Your Company Is Unfamiliar With How YouTube Defines The Term “Asset.”? How Would You Describe It To Them?
- Policy applied to a video, music, or composition
- Link between a video on YouTube and its monetary value
- Container for information about a piece of intellectual property
- Similar to a video that’s uploaded to a channel
Why Is It Important To Review Potentially Invalid Reference Content?
- To resolve reference overlaps
- To prevent copyright strikes
- To respond to disputes from another content owner
- To verify the content complies with Content ID guidelines
What Form Of Expression Is Not Subject To Copyright?
- Channel trailer
- Comedy improv video
- Animated TV show
- Video title
Which Two Policy Settings Will Activate The Following: Monetize Uploaded Content On Your Channel And Track All User Uploads?
- Usage Policy = Track, Match Policy = none
- Usage Policy = Track, Match Policy = Monetize
- Usage Policy = Monetize, Match Policy = Track
- This requires a custom policy
In Order To Claim Uploaded Videos, What Is The First Step In The Content ID Workflow For A Partner, After Verifying Rights?
- Deliver reference material to YouTube that reflects content ownership
- Convert material into proprietary video format
- Flag uploaded content that may infringe on rights
- View and manage claim settings
What Feature Or Filter Can Help You Investigate Why Two Videos Of The Same Length Have Different Audience Retention Metrics?
- Date range.
What Is A Benefit Of Managing Your Content With SFTP Or The Aspera Dropbox Solution?
- High video quality
- Ease of scalability
- No technical expertise required
- Offline disk import
When Is A User Video Scanned By Content ID To See If It Matches Any Delivered Reference Material?
- As it is uploaded and at intervals later on
- Only when it is first uploaded and published
- When an ad is placed on the video
- After it has received more than 1000 views
If A Content Owner Deactivates A Reference File, It Will:
- Deactivate the reference file for 30 days and suspend matching
- Stop claiming new user-uploaded content that matches the reference file
- Continue matching new user uploads, but change the match policy to track
- Release all prior claims made against the reference file, but continue matching new user uploads
How Can An Administrator Exercise Control Over Whether Users Can See Revenue Reports?
- Notify partner manager of reporting preferences
- This can’t happen: the full Analytics suite is available to everyone who’s signed in.
- Invite users to be content owners via email.
- Exclude revenue data from a user role.
Which Of The Following Is True Of Content ID?
- Content ID is only available to channels with >1 million subscribers.
- Content ID scans all uploads and removes portions that infringe copyright.
- Content ID enables rights holders to block, track, or monetize uploads that use copyrighted content.
- Content ID allows viewers to flag harmful or dangerous content.
Which Is A Benefit Of Filtering Data For Analysis?
- To quickly identify statistical outliers.
- To hide non-relevant information.
- To aggregate data into useful chunks.
- To sort it by degree of importance.
Which Of The Following Is An Asset Type?
- MPAA award
- Movie trailer
- IMDB reference
Which Upload Method Is Recommended For Uploading Or Updating A Few Videos Per Week?
- YouTube API
- Aspera Dropbox
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Web upload interface in Creator Studio
What Is A Prerequisite To Using SFTP Or The Aspera Dropbox Delivery Method?
- Maintain a subscriber count above 100,000.
- Deliver videos in HD resolution.
- Upload more than 100 videos per month.
- Provide an SSH Key to your account manager.
What Three Metrics Can Help You Assess Performance?
- Device, views, playback location.
- Geography, demographics, and watch time.
- Comments, views, watch time.
- Views, subtitles, revenue.